Rebekah Reads: Secret Beach Boyfriend - Book Review

 Since I read Christmas on Breakers Point, Book 0 of the Independence Island series, and reviewed Dual Power of Convenience, Book 1 of the Independence Island series, I figured I might as well write a short review for Secret Beach Boyfriend. Book 3 of the Independence Island series was my first Kari Trumbo read.



My Independence Island Series Playlist, in case you'd like to listen along


Book: Secret Beach Boyfriend

Author: Kari Trumbo

Genre: Christian Contemporary Romance




Unlike the main characters in previous books of the Independence Island series, Annie is a resident of the islands. Hindered from pursuing a relationship by her father's abandonment, Annie believes all marriages are doomed to failure. Annie's childhood friend, Rafe, returns from the mainland to save his parent's marriage. Can a woman who doesn't believe in happily ever after and a man who wants to remind his parents of their own fairy tale love secretly plan the perfect vow renewal and give Rafe's parents a second chance? 

Although a summer beach read, I appreciated the truths Annie, Rafe, and Rafe's parents must face as they help each other work through their challenges. Rafe's father challenges Rafe, even as he deals with his own problems. Annie and her mother finally talk about the past. 

Secret Beach Boyfriend left me wondering what will happen with Annie's friends and whether Kari Trumbo might be adding to their stories.

Overall, this was a great addition to the Independence Island series.


I purchased an ebook of this title and am sharing my personal opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts