Rebekah Reads: Stronger Together, Weaker Apart Powerful Prayers to Unite us in Love by Tony Evans - Book Review

Unity through Christ!


From the beginning of 

Stronger Together Weaker Apart: Powerful Prayers to Unite us in Love 

by Tony Evans I am convicted.

I picked up the free ebook a few weeks ago & read a section each day.
It's no longer a free ebook.

My copy is already full of highlights and bookmarks on the first pass.


Dr. Evans focus on unity is settled firmly in our need for the whole armor of God
so the prayers in each section revolve around the armor. 


Now, how did a book about the Armor of God and unity hit me upside the head with conviction about the tongue? It is a hallmark of Dr. Evans' to address the needs you have no matter his topic.
That's the work of the Holy Spirit in his teaching and preaching.


Our disunity in home & church must be healed so God will work in & through us.
How?
Check out the armor God provides for us -- when I'm armored up, God can heal the divides in my life.

When I enter God's family, I receive
the Helmet of Salvation (Acts 4:12)
the Breastplate of God's Righteousness (II Corinthians 5:21) 
the Shield of Faith (Hebrews 11:1)
the Girdle of Truth (Proverbs 23:23)
the Sword of the Spirit (Hebrews 4:12)
the Shoes of the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace (Romans 10:15)

Ephesians 6

It is through Salvation, God's Righteousness, Faith, Truth, the Spirit, and Peace that the disunity in our lives can heal, making us stronger in the Lord together!

This is a convicting read and while some sections could be a quick read, letting it sink in is highly recommended.


Here's Dr. Evans talking about unity & his book "Stronger Together, Weaker Apart" on
the 700 Club. (Disclaimer: I found the video, I didn't see the program).



My friend shared this image, I wish I knew the original source -- still searching for it.


Let's chat!

How is the armor of God a practical tool in your life?


Comments

Popular Posts